Current thermography certification is written proof of your up-to-date professional infrared qualifications. Ongoing recertification keeps your credentials current and ensures that your thermography qualifications are recognized wherever you go and wherever you work.
All ITC-certified thermographers must complete the following to renew their certification level:
- Meet continuing education or professional contribution requirements
- Maintain continued active employment in thermography
- Demonstrate efforts to keep current on new developments
All certifications, including renewed certifications, are valid for five years.
Thermography Recertification Requirements
There are two ways to extend your thermography certification level:
- Attend another ITC certification course
- Show continued involvement in thermography as outlined below:
- Show proof of continuous employment requiring thermographic work over the current certification period, plus earn 32 recertification credits in any combination of the following activities:
- Present a technical paper on infrared at a thermography conference (16 credits per paper). Submit a copy of the technical paper with a recertification form and fee of $595*.
- Publish an article on infrared for a technical trade journal, industry magazine, or the ITC InfraMation newsletter (16 credits per paper). Submit a copy of the article with a recertification form and fee of $595*.
- Attend sessions at a thermography conference or ITC application course (one credit per contact hour). Submit proof of attendance (with a verification form) at all sessions and send to ITC with a recertification form and fee of $595*.
Have questions? Please consult our recertification / renewal FAQ document.
The recertification form should be sent to ITC three months before your certification expires. The form explains what you need to do to recertify. You will also find this form in your training manuals.
* InfraMation conference attendees and ITC infrared application course students are exempt from the recertification fee.